Tuesday 31 January 2012

Structures

A shell structure is something with nothing inside like a fish tank. - Katie
A solid structure is something like a book. - Ally
A frame structure is something that is held together, you see the parts that give it shape like the skeleton of a human. - Frances & Katie
Humans are made of 2 structures, shell and frame. - Khang
Humans are structures, the bones are the frame and the skin is the shell. - Cecilia
A beam bridge is the simplest bridge, it is a straight platform. - Ethan
One station I went to was that I had to walk around the classroom and find frame, shell or solid structures. - Sam
A shell structure is an egg. - Ronelle
One station I went to was that I had to walk around outside the classroom and I had to find structures  made out of triangles.  Triangles are the strongest shape. - Jessica
One station I was at was the vocabulary station.  I had to match words like 1 card said beam bridge and I had to find the card that explained what a beam bridge was. - Eric D.
Arch bridge is curved. - Aden
Today I learned that the couch in the classroom is a frame and shell structure.  A shell structure is hollow and a frame structure makes the shape. - Lauren
It was fun learning about structures. - Eric C.
On a bridge, the road that the cars drive on is the deck. - Dante
There is a lot of structures in the world. - Kaelan
Bridges are awesome! - Ethan
There is an arch, suspension, truss, beam, cable, and draw bridge. - Katie
Dams are structures. - Rhain
A dome is a shell structure. - Maddox
The bottom part of the fan has triangles so it can stand and balance. - Sofia



No comments:

Post a Comment