Sunday 8 April 2012

Finished Habitats using The Element of Texture!

























The thrasher shark is my favourite. – Aden
We are doing art and we are learning about habitats and the element of texture because we are using clay while making a habitat. – Ronelle
My habitat is the arctic.  My friend Katie helped me make a polar bear. – Tashina
For our art my habitat was the forest.  We are learning about texture.  Ways to make texture is using pretty much everything around you.  We got some ideas from Barbara Reid. – Lauren
The coolest piece that I did in the art was my separate leaves on my tree. – Ally
My favourite piece was the “talking bison”! – Mitchell
I’m finally done!!  The element of art we were focussing on was texture so we used Barbara Reid for ideas because we are using clay! – Sam
My favourite part on my board is my waterfall. – Kaelan
Her art is like it would take her a year to finish it. – Eric D.
I like doing the board because I like clay. – Eric C.
Our next element of art is texture.  We have clay habitats on our wall.  I am making some clouds. – Heidi
We are suppose to put texture and make it look real not like a cartoon and we have cool stuff to add texture. – Sofia
In our art for habitats we are adding texture by using forks, knives, tooth picks and we got this idea from Barbara Reid.  We looked in her books to get some ideas. – Katie
I am doing the ocean habitat and it is awesome cause it had cool stuff in it. – Khang
My art is about the arctic, so far I have put in this beautiful sunset, I am proud of it and so is Mrs. Kosolowski. – Jessica
My habitat that I am doing is the forest.  We are making boards with clay and our habitat. – Frances
My favourite part was when I made the actual mountains and the giant lobelia, we had to add texture to it. – Cecilia
For my habitat art my favourite part is the rainbow fish and bird. – Stacy
I got my tiger shark idea from Maddox. – Ethan
It is cool using clay for a habitat. – Dante
We are using clay like Barbara Reid. – Rhian
We got the ideas from Barbara Reid. - Derek

36 comments:

  1. That was such a fun project with clay !!!!
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the wonderful artwork. Keep up the great work. Sofia's mom Kristina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked learning about habaits and texture.It was very interesting and fun! Sofia

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is very cute!and looks fun Sofia's big sister Natasha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it was very fun making it i liked making the animals and plants -ERIC C.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well i liked doing grass land i did it when it was the summer i liked doing the textre -by Eric c.

    ReplyDelete
  7. now i am good at making plats animals -Eric C.

    ReplyDelete
  8. my favourite part was making the valtcher -Eric C.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the hardiest part was the making the sun because i had to mix colours for along time -ERIC C.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the esiest part was putting a hole piece there -Eric C.

    ReplyDelete
  11. mitchell made the bison for the bison it had purple horns i did the horns-ERIC C.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now how ever needs help they can call me -Eric.c

    ReplyDelete
  13. maybe next year i can do the ocean-ERIC.C

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was so esey to make every thing -Eric C.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Mithell and I were the only people to do grass land

    ReplyDelete
  16. That was so fun!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hope we can do it agin.



    heidi

    ReplyDelete
  17. i like how i did the the bamboo-Eric.c

    ReplyDelete
  18. My kangaroo looks weird but i coped from the computer

    EricC.

    ReplyDelete
  19. but will we do it again ? yes no - EricC.

    ReplyDelete
  20. the first viuilcher was the ones with black and green eyes on the clay there was black and green clay so i used it for the eyes -Eric.C

    ReplyDelete
  21. i really like maddoxs shark it looks cool -Eric.C

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really like kealans water fall because it has blue black and white -Eric.C

    ReplyDelete
  23. I like kaites seaweed it looks really real -Eric.C

    ReplyDelete
  24. Well done Room 5!! These are incredible works of art - you guys could publish a book with these. Your hard work and patience really paid off. Thanks for sharing these with us!

    Mrs. Oddy

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was really cool to use clay and make habitats and I think we should do it again. - Kaelan

    ReplyDelete
  26. well it was hard and esey making the habitats-Ericc

    ReplyDelete
  27. making the texture was esey for me-EricC.

    ReplyDelete
  28. but i hope we do it next year yes no - EricC.

    ReplyDelete
  29. i like Ethens octopus Khangs too i like how it has one eye -Eric.c

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow, Room 5 students!!! These textured habitats are simply incredible! You are all so unbelievably creative! I'm so glad they were posted to the blog so I can show Mitchell's Grandparents!!! Looking forward to spending time will all of you again soon! Keep up the good work! Mrs. Barnes

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love how katies fire coral looked so real, but watch out it will give you a sizzling burn!- Ally

    ReplyDelete
  32. I had so much fun doing our Barbara Reid habitat scenes! I really enjoyed watching everyones presentation!
    It was all so cool to do! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love how they all turned out! There was a lot of texture and they all turned out great and unique to everyone!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  34. I loved all of the unique designs that we made especially with texture !!! Frances

    ReplyDelete
  35. so far so good all of them are good did you know that. same as the mask. from EricC.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I don't know hows is the best I would say ever bodys
    yep - EricC.

    ReplyDelete