Friday 24 February 2012

SS Research


The grade 3’s are doing Egypt and the grade 4’s are doing The North. –Heidi
We had to look in books to find our information. –Heidi
We are almost done yeah! A lot of people need to do more things. I need to answer one more question to be done. –Sofia
Some people are learning about mummies. –Heidi
The North’s play practically all the games as us like snowmobiling, golf, dog sledding and more, but I forget there is a game called high kick. You can play on one foot or two, it sounds interesting, you have to have good balance. –Katie
The North’s cool. –Ethan
My final project is a brochure, it’s going to be so fun and so awesome! –Sam
Did you know the highest mountain in Nunavut is 2,216 meters high. –Katie
I am in grade four so I am doing The North, so far I have written about 25 jot notes all together, but that’s only half way! I can’t wait until we all share our projects! –Sam
Grade 3’s do Egypt, grade 4’s do North and other ones. –Stacy
Grade 4’s are doing The North which is NWT, Nunavut or Yukon, grade 3’s are doing Egypt. –Katie
We do jot notes for S.S update of The North and Egyptians. –Stacy
I am doing Egypt and I am learning about mummies, that was my first question I wanted to answer, I forgot the second one the third one was what games they played.  I also have a fourth and fifth question. –Eric C.
We have almost finished researching in books and we’ll be starting to research on the computer. –Lauren
I am learning about Egypt. So far I am learning about pyramids in Egypt. –Kaelan
Soon, we’ll not soon, but coming up soon is presenting our research and there’s lots of ways we can present or show it like making a slide show. –Lauren
The grade 4’s are doing North! And the 3ers are doing Egypt. We use open questions and not closed questions! –Khang
When you learn about the North you research all of your questions that you have made and then when you are done you make it into something like a brochure. –Ally
I wanna tell you something I learned, that in Egypt where the house’s were there was only one street. –Jessi
We write everything down that we see and put it into jot notes and we write the book that we used  into our bibliography.  –Ronelle
We are learning about Canada’s North. –Ethan
Grade 4’s we are learning about The North which has NWT, Yukon and Nunavut. –Mitchell
We make all these jot notes from encyclopaedias and book’s. Next we are looking at movies and the internet! –Ronelle
We are researching about Nunavut, Yukon, and Northwest Territories! The grade 3’s have been learning about Ancient Egypt! –Ronelle
The project is almost finished about The North and Egypt, and when we are done,  the final project we can choose to make a book, poster board and brochures. –Frances
We are working with books right now but next week we will go on the computers. –Frances
We researched in books about Egypt or Canada’s North, we all had so much fun. I am doing Canada’s North on Nunavut. One of my questions was, how did the North change? –Cecilia
When you are in grade 4 you learn about The North when you are in grade 3 you are doing the Egyptians. So you make all these questions and then you have to answer them! – Ally
I can’t wait till we get to do the awesome mask craft! –Sofia
At the end of Social Studies we make masks. –Heidi

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like cool projects!!! Excellent that you are learning not only about Northern Canada, but also another part or the world. Have FUN with your projects!!!! Gary Skrybalo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very impressed with Jessica's information about Egypt! I thought Julius Caeser was pretty cool! If everybody had really good "mummy" Egypt would have been a better place to live! P.S Cleopatra's brother wasn't very nice.- Jessica's Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how we learned so many cool fact's and we are going to learn more!!!!! Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait till we all finish the reserch its going to be SSSOOO fun celebrating!-Ronelle :)

    ReplyDelete